I’ve been told my entire life, if you are from Wisconsin you will always be a Packer fan. When I was younger, bless my ignorant soul, I didn’t know what the big deal was when I was 7. I remember when my mom threw a Super Bowl Party in 1997… yeah that day, all I cared about was the food. Seriously.
Later in life,call me shallow, but my man reason for watching football was the tight pants . I know I’m such a girl. But then I started to love the game more and more every year. Now, I wish I could play football and I freak out if I miss a Packer game.
Fun facts about the Packers:
- Did you know they sell the most merchandise out of any team in the world
- Did you know every country has a “Packer” themed bar
- Did you know I’m on the list for season tickets, and my grandchildren’s grandchildren will be the next one to get the tickets… really?!
- Did you know Packers are Wisconsin owned, not owned by one single person like most teams
- Did you know they are one of the “smallest” team in the NFL, but they have a world wide fan base.
Seriously I thought people didn’t know where Wisconsin was… Until I was wearing a Packer shirt in Australia, and someone said to me ” Eh, didn’t you just win the Super Bowl?” That’s when I fell in love with the land down under.
I’m writing this blog about the Packers because I went to the game this past Sunday , October 28th,with one of my best friends. That was the second game I’ve ever been too. And of course, it was amazing. I had an awesome time. Believe me when I say this, it is one of those experiences you want to do before you die. The energy at Lambeau is unbelievable. Packer players are there to play and to win . It’s as if everyone is going there for one reason, to watch the Packers win.
My advice: Go to Green Bay, WI, and watch the Packers play at Lambeau field.
“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. ” Vince Lombardi