Wow! Words can’t explain what has happened to me this summer. But it’s a roller coaster!
I learned a lot about myself, my career and what I want out of life.
Here is what I learned from tours and festivals I’ve worked so far:
- I want respect. I don’t need the ground I walked to be a red carpet, I just want sugar and spice and everything nice. Meaning peoples’ personality, not things or stuff.
- I want to move up in my career. It’s one thing to have power, but it’s another to have power and to create better opportunities for your team and for yourself. But also, I just like to make life a little bit easier.
- I do like to travel for work. I’ve been to some places, I probably wouldn’t have gone had it not been for work. I’m extremely grateful for that and experience new places in the world.
- I don’t want to be an asshole. I’ve learned that just being mean to people is just petty and stupid. I’ll always be the first one to admit when I make a mistake, but don’t be a jerk about it when I admit my faults.
- I don’t ever want to be anyone else but me. I can’t help who I am. I can be really tough at times and I can be the nicest person in the world. But in the end, I am who I am. I plan on treating everyone well and equally and I want the same in return.
As the season is dwindling down, I’ve been thinking a lot about this past year and what I want for myself careerwise.
Here is what I know:
- I have way more confidence in myself then I’ve ever have before.
- I have developed skill sets and communication skills on a different and higher level that I didn’t think was possible.
- I know I can do any job and do it well.
- As long as I put my mind to it, I will succeed.
This self-power I’ve developed has come a long way for me. Because the only thing I have is the power to believe in myself. And I hope as a reader and follower you will too.
I don’t know where it came from, but I do know, I need it for my career and my self-worth.
I think it’s important to reflect on what your goals are and what you want to accomplish in the next years. I do have some personal goals of mine but overall, my main focus for next year is to be part of the few woman people look up to in Nashville.
I’m the comeback queen myself and I root for a good comeback from anyone. I’m all about people taking a break, breaking down or whatever, and they come back strong. Unfortunately, it doesn’t happen to all people (Sorry Lindsay). But I’m very excited to see Michelle Branch is coming to one of my festivals this year!
Michelle Branch is known for her upbeat, pop sound; pretty much perfect for any romantic comedy. We all know her songs like “Everywhere” and “All You Wanted”, and if you don’t what the hell I’m talking about, just go to YouTube and look it up, I promise you know those songs unless you live under a rock.
I have to admit, her sound is a little more modern and a little more like something you would hear on the pop radio.
It’s not a bad thing, but I have to admit, I like her original music or the music she was known before. It was her sound.
I still want to see her show because I’m curious. But check out her new music video. You be the judge.
We all have that band. That band that brings back high school memories. That band we had on repeat on our CD players… Yes I’m talking about the days of CD players.
That band that you would wait a few hours before doors opened to be the first in line and the first to run to the stage. For me, I had to sneek out so I didn’t wait outside, but you get my picture.
My band was Taking Back Sunday. I’ve been a fan of theirs for as long as I can remember. I used to listen “Tell All Your Friends” like it was my job. Constant, on repeat.
I remember correctly, I went to see them in Milwaukee when I was 15. I think that’s right, but I can’t remember the year. But anyways, I haven’t seen them since. And 11 years, needless to say, I’m really excited I got to see them live again. They still are rocking it and their fans still love them!